Every month I plan to feature a badass skiff from across the web. This month, we get to see a really nice Ankona SUV17 “Backcountry Edition” from Darin in Central Florida.
Specifications from the owner:
- Ankona SUV17
- Float-on Aluminum Trailer
- Poling platform w/horizontal rod holder
- Grab bar w/Oregon GPS/Ram Mount
- Both are Powder Coated Flat Black
- Center Box w/dry cell battery/Tackle Storage
- Switch Panel w/front LED Nav. light/Rear Nav. light on Platform/Bilge Pump
- 6 Gallon re-movable tank w/quick disconnect
Tell us about it…
This is a VERY simple, light and functional layout for me. I will be running a Mercury 25hp 2 stroke w/3 blade Power Tech Prop and will be testing this weekend. Next week it will be going back to Ankona to have some electrical work, push pole holders, under gunnel rod holders, spare tire/hub and a few other things.
What colors did you choose?
Outside color is Medium Gray and deck and cap are Whisper Gray.
Any future upgrades?
Will be adding a small custom casting platform, Seadek, LED cockpit lights.